Another day, not as successful as the others though, a few slip ups. The day started well, I had a reasonable sleep so made up for the bad night previously. I tend to wake up full of aches and pains, don’t know why but hope these will diminish as time goes on. I didn’t feel like breakfast so just had green tea and water. Lunch was the main meal of the day, a lovely chicken traybake. I like meals like this because they are all in one and you can still see what you are eating. This consisted of chicken thighs nestled in pre-cooked onions with carrots, green beans and spring onions. I added the juice of a lemon and an organic chicken stock cube dissolved in water. This was served with sprouts and string beans.
I went by the way side and had a mince pie mid afternoon. Not a good choice but nice to eat.
I had a light evening meal consisting of tinned tuna, chopped cucumber and sliced avocado.
After my my full on exercise day yesterday I had a few muscle aches. This didn’t stop me doing the NHS couch to 5K podcast. Now on week 6 run 2, this consisted of 2 runs of 10 mins with a short 3 minute walk in the middle. Each session always starts with and ends with a 5 minute warm up/warm down brisk walk. This clocked up 4,800 steps and brought my heart rate up. The rest of the day was just general housework ironing and working in the garden which enabled me to meet my 10,000 step daily goal.
I still am not fully AIP complient but nearly there, then I hope for less pain, more energy and a steady weight loss. I have definitely benefited from doing the excerise podcasts and so with better eating as well look forward to good things.
CHICKEN TRAYBAKE MY WAY
4 chicken thighs, skin removed
1 medium onion, peeled and chopped (70 g)
8 spring onions, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (40g)
80g trimmed green beans halved
90g sweet pepper, thinly sliced
juice 1 lemon
1 organic chicken stock cube dissolved in 1/2 cup water.
Himalayen salt and black pepper to taste.
1. Cook chopped onions until translucent and slightly caramelised.
2. Place in shallow baking tray and layer chicken thighs on top.
3. Surround with carrots, green beans, spring onions and peppers ( I don’t have peppers on AIP so I just put these to one half of dish for P).
4. Pour over the lemon juice and stock cube and season. Sprinkle basil leaves over.
5. Cover tightly with foil and place in preheated oven 190 degrees C for 1 hour. Remove the foil for last 15 minutes,
6. Serve with veggies of choice and enjoy.
Thats it for today, looking forward to tomorrow.